Allen C. Yun, Ph.D., Patent Agent
Dr. Yun is a patent agent with expertise in chemical, food, pharmaceutical, agricultural and biotechnology areas, with a particular emphasis in biochemistry, microbiology and molecular biology. He joined Browdy and Neimark in 1993.
- Cornell University, B.S. in Microbiology, 1979
- Cornell University, Ph.D. degree in the field of microbiology (molecular biology and biochemistry), 1986
- Cornell University, M. Eng., Chemical Engineering (with emphasis in biochemical engineering and bioprocess technology), 1987
Dr. Yun’s industrial career in biotechnology began at Ricerca in Painesville, Ohio, where he was the Senior Fermentation Microbiologist/Molecular Biologist involved with proprietary internal/contract process development, scale-up and manufacture as manager of Ricerca’s fermentation pilot/production plant facility. He later moved to ChemGen Corporation in Gaithersburg, Maryland where as a Senior Scientist, he was involved with the research and development of bioprocesses through the use of recombinant DNA technology in the production of bacterial metabolites and enzymes by fermentation.
His doctoral work in the field of symbiotic nitrogen fixation and bacteria-plant interactions was conducted at the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, where he published numerous articles in scientific journals..
Areas of Focus
- Intellectual Property Law/Patent Prosecution. Specialties include:
- Molecular biology
- Registered U.S. Patent Agent
Honors and Awards
- Acheson Scholar Award, School of Chemical Engineering, Cornell University