James E. Mrose, Of Counsel
Mr. Mrose is a former principal of Fish & Richardson, P.C. and has over twenty years of experience in patent prosecution before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, as well as international practice under the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
- Harvard University, B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1986,
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1989
Mr. Mrose’s patent prosecution expertise covers a wide variety of technological subject areas, including semiconductor devices and their manufacture, interventional and non-interventional medical device technologies, computers and software, analog and digital electronics, and wireless communications.
Mr. Mrose has counseled a vast array of clients over the course of decades, from small start-up companies to large enterprises. He has extensive expertise in due diligence investigations, right-to-use searches and opinions, and, where appropriate, advising on design-around options with respect to patents held by others. Throughout his career Mr. Mrose has authored written opinions concerning non-infringement or invalidity of numerous patents.
Areas of Focus
- Intellectual Property Law/Patent Prosecution. Specialties include:
- Semiconductor Devices
- Medical Devices
- Electronics and Communication
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- Intellectual Property Section
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
Activities and Affiliations
- American Intellectual Property Law Association